Deputy Headteacher - Central Walker Cof E Primary School
Central Walker Church of England Primary School
Leadership Group pay range L10- L14 (£51,311 - £56,579 per annum, pay award pending)
Permanent, to start September 2020
We are excited to invite interest in the new role of Deputy Headteacher at Central Walker Church of England Primary School, which is one of five schools within NEAT Academy Trust. At the heart of our trust is the aim to nurture, educate, achieve and transform the lives of young people and our communities.
Central Walker is an inclusive school, and this acknowledges the rich, cultural diversity of our community in the east end of Newcastle upon Tyne. Our ethos is based on the Christian strengths that we all need to lead a good and purposeful life.
Initially the successful candidate’s portfolio of responsibilities will include whole school leadership of behaviour and attendance and phase leadership of lower Key Stage 2 as these are areas where we need to add capacity as we build on our recent Ofsted inspection. However over time we can offer opportunities for the right candidate to develop a wider range of expertise both within our school and through collaboration across the trust.
We are looking for a leader with personal drive to work closely with our job share Headteachers and who:
- demands ambitious standards and high expectations for all pupils
- has experience of contributing to leadership and management in a primary school as a member of the Senior Leadership Team
- can demonstrate behaviours consistent with the trust’s values: aspirational, collaborative, inclusive, innovative, responsible
- is willing to support the Headteachers to preserve and develop the school’s religious character and be a positive Christian influence in the school by upholding its ethos
In return we offer:
- supportive Headteachers, CEO and Local Governing Committee
- the benefits of working in a highly collaborative multi academy trust aiming to provide a seamless education from 2-19
- curious and enthusiastic children
- excellent personal career development.
Interested in applying? We appreciate that candidates who may be interested in this role would usually like to visit school and meet us before deciding whether to apply, which isn’t possible due to the current coronavirus pandemic. Instead we would like to encourage you to make an appointment for a video call/telephone call during week commencing 20 April so we can tell you more about the role and share a short film and presentation about our school. Please register your interest by telephoning 0191 2240222 between 8.00am and 3.15pm Monday-Friday or e-mailing Admin@centralwalkerce.newcastle.sch.uk at any time.
A completed application form, criminal records declaration form and equalities monitoring form must be submitted by e-mail to Admin@centralwalkerce.newcastle.sch.uk no later than 12 noon on Tuesday 28 April 2020.